Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cloth diapers.

Have I mentioned that we cloth diaper Bennett? Well, we do, and we love it! Mark was pretty skeptical when I brought it up while I was still pregnant but I he warmed up to the idea when I made him research with me. Ultimately we chose to do it because of the money we save and how environmentally friendly it is. Another plus that we couldn't really have anticipated is that Bennett has very sensitive skin, so the cloth diapers have been great for him-he's never gotten a diaper rash! I do have to do a lot of laundry, but it's really the only trade off. I get a lot of questions and mixed reactions when people notice I'm using cloth, so I thought I would blog about it to show it's not actually that crazy!

3 comments:

  1. To everyone their own! I'm glad it works for you. You are a brave woman. I don't think I could handle it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's weird at all, I think it's awesome! I keep telling my husband that's what I want to do to our kids, hopefully he'll warm up to it, too, haha. It really is great for the environment, the wallet, and the little bum. Oh, and you're little boy is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you guys after reading this post :) My parents used cloth diapers on me & honestly I wouldn't mind it either but I suppose we'll try both (someday) to see which one works for us best.

    Here's the blog post: http://www.younghouselove.com/2011/05/dog-days-cloth-dipes/

    http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/08/the-much-requested-cloth-diaper-post/

    ReplyDelete